These Are The 5 Amazing Yoga Exercises To Lose Weight And Look Gorgeous On Your Wedding.
Ladies, we know that your life can be an absolute whirlwind after your engagement. On one hand, there are the highs of celebrating your love, spending time with friends and family, planning the future together, and on the other hand, there are the lows of juggling several things, financial pressures, time crunch, and so on.
All these can lead to overwhelming emotions, fatigue and a loss of connection with oneself.
Image Credit: Facebook
Well, in such a situation, yoga offers an excellent way to prepare for the big event. Here are a few easy, low-impact yoga postures to help you stretch, bend, twist and breathe your way to become a gorgeous bride inside and out.
#1. Shed it out!
- Lie down on your back. Place your arms by the side of your body and keep your feet together.
- Breathe in, and as you exhale, gently lift your chest, arms and legs a few inches above the ground in the shape of a boat.
- Your eyes, hands and toes should be in one straight line.
- Keep breathing in and out while holding the posture.
- After a few counts, as you exhale, release the posture slowly, and come back to the ground.
- Lie on your stomach with hands on either sides of the body, chin on the ground, palms facing towards the sky and feet together.
- As you inhale, raise your right leg six inches above the ground. Hold the posture for some breaths and as you exhale, gently relax the posture.
- Do the same for the left leg.
- Lie on your stomach, chin on the ground, hands stretched in front and feet together.
- As you breathe in, gently raise your hands, your chest and your legs off the floor.
- Keep breathing in and out, and with every breath, stretch your hands and legs a little more.
- As you exhale, slowly bring back your arms, chest and legs on the ground.
#2. Stretch it out!
All that planning and running around or talking on the phone, can strain your neck and back. You can give your back a gentle massage with a few yoga poses. Doing these every day will ensure that your spine stays in top condition. For this, Marjariasana (cat stretch) and Balasana (child’s pose) are the best.
- Come up on all fours so that your back forms a table. Keep your head straight.
- As you inhale, tilt your head back, push your stomach towards the floor and raise your tailbone. Hold the posture for some time and keep breathing in and out.
- As you exhale, bring your chin to your chest and arch up your back to form a hump. Hold this posture for few breaths until you return to the first table-like pose.
- Do it for few rounds before you come out of this yoga position.
- Sink into Balasana (child’s posture) after this and just let go and relax.
- For Balasana, sit on your knees, stretch out your arms in the front, and drop your head on the ground. Relax for a few minutes in that position, before coming back to the first posture.
#3. Time to relax!
After doing all the yoga asanas, you can end with Savasana (corpse posture). It is immensely relaxing, and helps you to stay peaceful and grounded through the days.
For Savasana, follow these steps:
- Lie on your back.
- Hands stretched by the sides of your body and a distance of one foot between your feet.
- Take long deep breaths in and out, and relax completely.
#4. Tap your prana
When you are busy and stressed, you often do not breathe properly. This causes a decrease in oxygen supply to the brain and the rest of the body. Sit quietly for some time and do alternate nostril breathing (Anulom Vilom). A few rounds of it can instantly energise your whole being and make you feel fresh and active again.
- Place your thumb on your right nostril, and breathe out of your left one. Close it with your middle and ring finger after a few seconds, and breathe out of your right nostril.
- Now, breathe in with your right nostril, close it with your thumb, and breathe out of your left nostril. Continue this cycle a few times.
#5. Meditate into happiness!
Yoga is best, if followed by a few minutes of quiet contemplation. Let all the stress melt away, and let only love remain in your heart. Be positive and know that it is all going to be wonderful, just as you have dreamt it to be.
While you may feel ready to waltz through your wedding rituals after just one round of these postures, results will increase with continued practice.
You can either get in touch with a yoga instructor, or find videos on the Internet to know more about yoga poses to prepare a complete regime before your wedding.
If you enjoy